M, (10 February 1738/39 - 27 July 1808)
- Burial*: Chittenden County, Vermont, USA6
- Residence: New Haven, Connecticut, USA8
- Birth*: 10 February 1738/39; Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA4,6,7
- Marriage*: 17 May 1759; Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA; Bride=(?) Marah1
- Residence*: 19 April 1761; Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA2
- Marriage license*: 15 March 1770; Bride=Mercy Bailey
- Death*: 27 July 1808; Essex, Chittenden, Vermont, USA3,4,6
- Probate: 22 September 1808; Chittenden, Vermont, USA3
- Last Edited: 21 Sep 2018
- Charts: Samuel Griffin Relationship Chart, Samuel Griffin Descendants Chart, Ambrosia Straw Pedigree Chart
Family 1: (?) Marah b. 1739, d. 13 Aug 1763
Family 2: Mercy Bailey b. 22 May 1739, d. 30 Apr 1822
- John Griffin *+ b. 17 May 1778, d. 30 Mar 1832
- [S495] Ancestry.com, Connecticut, Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection).
- [S687] Ancestry.com, Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920.
- [S621] Ancestry.com, Vermont, Wills and Probate Records, 1749-1999, Author: CHITTENDEN COUNTY (VERMONT) PROBATE COURT; Probate Place: Chittenden, Vermont.
- [S529] Ancestry.com, Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908.
- [S649] Ancestry.com, North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000, Book Title: A genealogy of the lineal descendants of John Steevens, who settled in Guilford, Connecticut in 1645.
- [S577] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1700s-Current.
- [S146] Heritage Consulting, Millennium File.
- [S710] Ancestry.com, The British invasion of New Haven, Connecticut : together with some account of their landing and burning the towns of Fairfield.